Samsung Gear S3 is without a doubt one of the best smart watches in the world. Their secret to success is very simple: a great look and many useful features. If the first on the Internet and written a lot of different information (photo and video reviews), about smart features hours said little. In this article Galagram offers impeccable service and all the secrets and tips on setting smart watch Gear S3.
This manual will be useful for both beginners who only bought the gadget, and confident users hours. We think everyone can learn something new for themselves and to use the device to the maximum.
How to enable Samsung Gear S3
To turn on the clock, press and hold the Power key (Home) until then, until the screen lights up and it does not appear the Samsung logo. If the device does not turn on, connect it to a power source for at least 15 minutes and then try again. Perhaps the watch was just discharged under “zero percent.” To switch off the clock also press and hold the “Power” button. In the menu, select Shutdown or Power off. Here everything is simple and clear!
How to connect Gear S3 to Android and iPhone
Connect the watch to Android (Android 4.4 and above) smartphones and the Apple iPhone (iOS 10 and above) via Bluetooth. So this manual is suitable for both operating systems. To connect Gear S3 to the smartphone, install the Samsung Gear application from the Google Play store or AppStore. It is worth noting that some features may not be available on the clock because of the smartphone. Best work gadget of course phones of Samsung Galaxy.
- Turn on watch
- On the smartphone, open the Samsung Gear application
- If necessary, update the Samsung Gear app to the latest version
- Click “Connect”
- Activate Bluetooth on request application
- Follow the instructions on the smartphone to end the connection
More to watch you can connect a Bluetooth headset or wireless headphones. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the clock screen, tap Settings
- Then select “Connect”
- Tap the Bluetooth switch to activate the connection
- Rotate the ring around the screen and click the Bluetooth icon
- When you see that the name of the Bluetooth headset appeared on the screen, tap it to connect
- If you do not see the Bluetooth device, press “Scan” and then click on the device name when you see that it will appear on the display
Well, to disconnect from a Bluetooth device (speakers or headset), do the following:
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings
- Hit “Connect”
- Click on Bluetooth device
- Click the icon “Settings”
- Click “Disconnect”
How to choose a different dial
For Gear S3 there are many different replacement dials. Most of them are available in the Gear app on your Android device, directly from the app, you can view, choose and set as the main dial.
Switching between back-end dials can be done on the phone and on the watch itself. To do this without the participation of the smartphone and app, do a long tap on the current selection on the screen, then swipe left or right to view the preset dials. After installation, you can click on the tab “Styling” and choose the color of your display, and customize it on your own.
How to pay clock Gear S3 via Samsung Pay
A very useful feature, since you don’t need to carry a purse and even smartphone. Simply swipe the clock near a compatible payment terminal. Here’s how to configure. You must enable NFC and install Samsung Pay as your payment method the default before you can use Samsung Pay in S3 Gear
- On the start screen with the apps turn the box on the “Settings”tab
- Click Connections > NFC, and then tap NFC to
to enable this module
- Now choose the payment method “Samsung Pay”
Great, setup is complete. Now, to pay for the purchase in the store, do the following:
- On the Apps screen, rotate the frame and select Samsung Pay (or press and hold “Back”)
- Scroll through the list of maps, select the map, and then
- Touch the upper part of the Gear S3 to the card reader
- Payment should be successful
- That’s all!
How to enable Always On display
Out of the box screen Samsung hours is configured so that it only activates your “request”. In order to turn on the screen, you need to either raise your hand or press the button on the case. But there is one secret how to make screen Gear S3 are constantly active. It is something like an Always On Display on Samsung smartphones. To ensure that your watch was constantly “active” and showed the time all the time, do the following.
- Go to “Settings”
- On the clock and select the tab “Style” (Style)
- Click “Always On”
As for the Samsung Gear S3 make a screenshot
Still on the subject of display settings, and describe how these hours to make a screenshot. First of all, all the screenshots taken on your device are saved in the “Gallery”. You can transfer screenshots from hours Gear S3 on the smartphone. Screenshots sent to your phone will be saved in the Gear folder in the “Gallery”.
To make a screenshot, just press the “Home” button and swipe across the screen from left edge to the right — as you can see very comfortable! Go to the Gallery to view all the screen shots.
How to set the time
There are two ways: automatic, which provides automatic time zone update. And manual — when you set the time on the clock Gear S3. Below are instructions for two ways.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings
- Go to “Device”
- Click “date and time”
- Click “Automatically” to enable or disable automatic updating of date and time
- On the Apps screen go to “Settings”
- Click “Device”
- Go to “date and time”
- If necessary, tap “Auto” to disable the automatic updates feature
- To manually set the date, press the “Set date”
- Select the year, month and day to manually set the date
- Then press “Set” (or set)
- To manually set the time select “Set time”.
- Manually insert the hours and minutes
- Now click “Set” (or set)
How to install apps on the watch
Like the Samsung Gear S3 are working on the OS Tizen 3.0, they can install popular apps like Yandex Navigator, Google Maps and others. To download programs to watch Gear S3, you need to sign in to your Samsung account on your phone. If you have no Samsung account, select “Register” and follow the instructions.
- You can download apps to your watch from your phone with the app, Samsung Gear and Samsung Galaxy tab Apps.
- Swipe left on the watch’s screen or rotate the frame until you reach the icon “Get more apps”
- Select the desired application
- Select “Install”
- After the application has been installed, you can access it from the full app list to your watch
How to download music on the watch
On the home screen of your smartphone, go to “Applications”. Select Samsung Gear. The Samsung Gear application, you may be in a folder on some Samsung phone. Then do the following:
- Go to the tab “Settings”
- Press “Send content to transfer”
- Tap the “Select audio tracks” (name may be different)
- Check the box next to audio files that you want to move to S3 Gear
- Then click “finish”
New songs are automatically synchronized with your Gear S3 during charging hours, click on the slider beside auto-sync to enable synchronization.
How to set and reset the PIN
As smart watches until there is no fingerprint scanner, data protection is performed using an ordinary PIN. How to set the code and what to do if you forget it, the tips below will help you with this.
To set the PIN code:
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings
- Click “Security”
- Touch screen Lock
- Tap “screen lock”
- Hit the PIN.
- Enter a 4-digit password
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN to confirm
To reset the PIN code:
- Make sure the clock is off
- Press and hold the power button to until the display shows “Rebooting”, then release the key.
- On the screen “Rebooting” by pressing the “Power” to confirm the device reset
- After this the clock will be reset to factory settings with a PIN code
You need to understand that Factory Reset would entail the complete Erasure of hours. Use this method in the last turn, if you have important information stored on the clock.
How to charge Gear S3
Most importantly, you need to remember — always use the original charger and the battery to maintain optimal battery performance throughout the life of your Samsung hours.
You can charge the watch using the original accessory which comes with the gadget. Simply insert the USB cable into a wall socket and connect to a wall outlet or USB port of your computer. Your device charges more quickly from a regular wall outlet. From the laptop the charging process will be a bit slower.
Place the watch on the dock for charging, make sure it is properly connected to the gadget. Now the device will start charging. During charging, the clock screen will display a charging battery icon with the remaining time until the battery is fully charged.
How to improve the autonomy
Below are some tips that will help you to maximize the autonomy of the clock Samsung Gear S3. Follow these instructions and the watch will work much longer.
- Set the minimum brightness
- Disable the activation of the smart display
- Disable Always On Display
- Turn off permanent pulse readings
- Disable GPS in settings
- Activate the power saving mode